… and start enjoying your success!
- Are you afraid to show yourself?
- Are you afraid to stand out from the competition?
Last week I gave a workshop to entrepreneurs and the topic was, guess what, Personal Branding 🙂
I asked them 3 questions:
- What is Personal Branding?
- Why is Personal Branding important?
- Why isn’t Personal Branding not on your to-do-list?
Most of them had a pretty good idea of what Personal Branding is about (showing how you are the ideal person to help your potential client solving his problem) and why (in order to get noticed, to attract more clients, to earn more money, to be able to choose the assignments, to feel more (financial) freedom…)
But why isn’t it on their to do list? Answers I got:
- I’m afraid of public speaking
- I’m not into social media
- I do not like these networking events
- I don’t have any idea what to write about in my blog posts
- What will people say? Will I be laughed at, criticized?…
- I’m not good at introducing myself, let alone talking about what I do on my website …
- I’m not a bragger
- I’m an introvert
When we dig a little deeper, most of us are in some way afraid of being seen…
I am too, you know! Throwing a party to launch my new company, writing my blog posts every week, expressing myself via social media, giving presentations to people who are not familiar with Personal Branding (and might think it’s total crap)….
Nope, it doesn’t come easy. It doesn’t come without my share of fear and doubt.
And I wonder, why is that? And what can we do about it?
So I did some research and I discovered a few things:
- Most of us are brought up this way (“Act normal, don’t stand out!”)
- But this fear goes way back to tribal days when it was life-threatening to stand out
- We are afraid of being ridiculed, afraid of becoming someone else, afraid people will say nasty things about us, afraid of success, afraid of failure….
Now what to do about it?
You could consider attending our programs where I teach you all this
Ask yourself these questions:
- Is it really dangerous to stand out?
- Will the world end and will my partner leave me because of me expressing myself?
- Is there a way to learn how to introduce myself, how to express myself, how to be successful?
You might consider giving the following answers:
- The tribal days are over, so standing out is not life-threatening anymore
- “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” – Bernard M. Baruch
- “Yes, you can learn how to brand yourself in an authentic way and get noticed by your potential clients, achieve business success and enjoy (financial) freedom” – Greet Bunnens
Image how it would be if you were to be able to stand out? You’d have:
- A boost in self-confidence
- A bigger network
- More clients
- A better financial status
- A growing reputation that opens new doors
- A feeling of freedom and isn’t that why most of us became independent in the first place?…
How can you learn it? Join our programs and find out!