… in order to get some Net Worth out of your Network
- Step 1: “Hey I’m going to a networking event to get me some clients! hell yeah!”
- Step 2: You arrive alone – you do not know anybody – your heart is beating fast – your hands are sweaty – your self-esteem is below zero – your natural charm has run off – everybody seems to know each other and it looks like all of them are best friends and you do not belong…
- Step 3: You hide behind the bar or in the toilet
- Step 4: You go home – with a lot of business cards (your own!) and feel frustrated because nobody talked to you and you did not get 1 client
- Step 5: “I am never ever going to any network event – no way!”
Sounds horrible, doesn’t it? Does it sound familiar?
No worries, I will learn you how to get over your networking fears and start networking effectively in the next blogposts. This is important because “your network is your net worth – Porter Gale”
But to start off the series of Networking Blogposts: here’s an infographic to get you in the mood… enjoy!