and how …
I work with a lot of freelancers and entrepreneurs, that is nothing new.
What might be big news to you, is that I meet quite some freelancers who do not have a LinkedIn profile. And honestly, I am still shocked when I hear that. What a shame, what a missed chance to build your personal brand and your business.
Some of my potential clients ask me: “should I have a LinkedIn profile?”
First of all, ask yourself these questions:
1/ are you a freelancer looking for assignments in companies?
2/ is your ideal client working in/with the corporate world?
3/ do you like to get noticed by your potential client and the potential middle man?
If your answer is yes – You NEED a pimped LinkedIn profile.
Just to give you some extra reasons:
1/Some stats I found on Huffinton Post :
• LinkedIn operates the world’s largest professional network on the Internet with more than 313 million members in over 200 countries and territories.
• Professionals are signing up to join LinkedIn at a rate of more than two new members per second.
• LinkedIn counts executives from all 2013 Fortune 500 companies as members; its corporate talent solutions are used by 94 of the Fortune 100 companies.
• There are more than 1.5 million unique publishers actively using the LinkedIn Share button on their sites to send content into the LinkedIn platform.
2/ Personal branding is all about showing your authority in your field – LinkedIn is a perfect place to do so. Share interesting content, share your own articles…
3/ It is also an ideal way to build traffic to your website, if you have one. And your website is your business heart.
4/ You will learn a lot if things on LinkedIn and get valuable insights
5/ You can connect with influencers, potential clients and joint venture candidates
6/ It is a wonderful lead generator
7/ It increases your and your brand’s visibility
8/ You can stand out among the competition and get your message in front of your potential clients
So don’t think LinkedIn is only useful for recruiters and job seekers, LinkedIn is also very useful for you!
*** BUT ***
- You have to use it wisely
- you have to have a client attracting profile
- You have to have a reputation building profile
- How you can attract clients via LinkedIn
- What a pimped InkedIn looks like
- The Number 1 secret nobody tells you about LinkedIn even though it is extremely valuable
- And much more…
- Meet like-minded freelancers and entrepreneurs
- “La vie est nulle sans bulles”, so the bubbles are on me, the small bites too by the way 🙂
- Receive a small present that will make you smile 🙂
when? Feb 23, 2015 from 19h to 21h30
Hope to see you there !