… while growing my business
9 months ago I decided to give birth to my new baby www.YouBrandBuilder.be . I just didn’t want to stay in a passive role when I saw freelancers struggle to get noticed and attract clients.
I decided to sit in the driver’s seat and really energize, excite and enthuse these entrepreneurs so they bring out the best in themselves and their businesses. This allows them to flourish and experience the freedom to do the things that really matter to them. And because I am me, I spice up things with humor & fun! That’s my mission, that’s my WHY.
9 months later I look back and I see it’s been a real rollercoaster so far. I learned sooo much, I met many wonderful, inspiring people, I attracted super-duper clients.
And I worked my ass off…. Excuse my French 🙂
And still I have lots of energy, lots of ideas, lots of things to do, lots of fun…
People ask me all the time how I do that, how do I keep up? How is it possible to achieve so much in so little time? How is it possible to organize so many (online)trainings (to which you are invited, more information below and here), write blog posts every week (most of them on time :-)), have special client days and exciting Personal Branding Programs very often….
My answer: take time to stop & relax.
Here are some of the most effective tactics I use:
1. Every morning I take a walk with my dog and clear my head. Great way to start the day – a must-do. Even if you don’t have a dog 🙂
2. I love dogs and cats, so I cuddle with my pets (Lou & Bas) a lot too. They love you no matter how silly you look or whatever stupid things you say or do. Good for your self-confidence, I assure you! 🙂
3. I listen to my favorite songs, one of them is “Don’t stop me now” from Queen. It’s the song I downloaded when I started my new business and it reminds me I cannot and will not stop until I reach every entrepreneur possible with my mission. Pfew!
4. I write down my stories, my successes, my failures, my mood swings in a special diary – I’m sure someone will have great fun with it when they write my biography – hihi
5. Exercise regularly – I admit, I should do that more often, running 3x a week has become a real challenge, but at least once I week I put on my running shoes
6. When things really get tough, and I become a little anxious (hey I’m human too, you know) I work on my breathing. Breathe deeply: slowly inhale through your nose, feel the breath start in your abdomen & works its way to the top of your head. Reverse the process as you exhale through your mouth. Or:
7. Meditate. I have downloaded some meditation/mindfulness apps (headspace, Andrew Johnson) – great way to fall asleep too (in my case :-o)
8. Call (or even better) meet a friend – have some fun and laughs
10. Find the sun. Don’t stay in your office, take a walk in the garden and find the sun. And if you can’t find the sun (like, if you live in Belgium or so…) go to booking.com and get yourself a couple of days of vacation.
And that’s what I did (number 10) and that is also the reason why my blog post was late – sorry about that. Hihi.
How about you? What great & fun tactics do you have to relax?