… so start building that network fast!
- Fact 1: People do business with people they know, like and trust. I’ve said that over and over again.
- Fact 2: Companies don’t make decisions, people do.
- Fact 3: Your network = your net worth
- Fact 4: 1 + 1 = 3
- Fact 5: A strong network leads to clients, income, success, happiness and much more!
Still need some evidence growing your network is important?
Well, herewith some ofmy own stories. Mind you, I’m not bragging, I’m just showing you the evidence that having a large network is interesting (euphemism :-))
- I just signed a contract with a VIP client Marleen – she found me via her ex-colleague, who’s a friend of an ex-colleague of mine.
- I recently signed a contract with a VIP client Rudy – he found me via an acquaintance. That acquaintance attended the same mediation class I did.
- Last year I was asked to be part of a jury of a murder case – sounds really interesting, mmm, however I was just leaving for a well-deserved holiday – a lawyer-friend helped me to convince the “authorities” I am more than happy to help out… next time 🙂
- When I joined my previous employer, I already had a signed contract with a client before I even started working there. The client was a friend and ex-colleague of mine.
- My friend’s gynecologist attended an international gynecologist conference and they urgently needed an interpreter Russian-German (or something like that, can’t remember) – guess who found that interpreter (and I promise you, that is not my job, even I was surprised I found 2!! of them :-))
- I organized my YouBrandBuilder-launch party last September and hoped for 50 people to show up. I had to turn people down because there was room for only 110 people!
- One of my clients, Els, is a career coach, I got her in touch with the organizer of a major job event, she found herself a super-duper speaking gig. She will speak to an audience of hundreds of potential clients
- I am asked to speak a lot thanks to my online and offline visibility and network – I admit, I sometimes get the craziest speaking-gig-proposals (I’ll tell you all about that some other time :-))
- I was recently told somebody said the following about me: “Greetje kent God en Klein pierke” – try and find out what that means, you non-Dutch speaking friends of mine 🙂
- I recently signed a contract with a client, Diana who found me via one of the LinkedIn Groups I belong to.
- BONUS: I’m only human too, and I have my doubts, I have my panic attacks (am I doing the right thing, will I be successful, am I truly the person that can help these freelancers…), I have my ups and downs, I have my bad hairdays 🙂 And you know what, it’s at those moments that I am so happy to have so many great people in my ‘network’, so many great friends, wonderful sisters, great family, a loving husband… they support me, believe in me, sometimes tell me the hard truth (oops)… I love that part of my network so so so much more, that’s why this is a BONUS 🙂
How can you grow your network fast?
I’m regularly organizing seminars and webinars regarding this topic, so please do contact me if you want to know more!
How about you? How do you grow your network? Let us know!